Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Baby Sister is 30!?!

Growing up with you was always an adventure. Between the two of us, we've been through a lot of good times. Here are some of my favorite memories of us:

1. Lighting the weeds on fire between our house and Mr. Mahon's house. Was it you who struck the match I gave you? We were always good at getting in trouble together.
2. I was too shy to go ask the Candy Lady for a treat, but not you. I remember the first time we went together. I think I said something like "I heard this lady gives away candy." You said, "Oh, yeah. I've been here lots."
3. Riding our bikes at our new house on the hill was such an adventure. I have a picture in my mind of looking over at you as we raced down Windsor with your brown hair flying, your cheeks pink and a huge grin on your face.
4. We used to go to the Olliviers to jump on the trampoline. I loved to give the biggest bounces, but no one could take the bounce like you. You would be so excited and we would time it perfectly. You would fly so high in the air and we would laugh and laugh.
5. Speaking of laughing and laughing and the Olliviers ... I almost forgot about the contests we had on their deck to see who could make everyone laugh so hard the homemade rootbeer came out our noses.
6. When you were in fourth grade and I was in sixth grade, we had recess at the same time and I loved it when you came to play kick ball with my group.
7. Playing softball was the most fun when we were on the same team, so it's good that we were on the same team most of our lives.
8. When I came home from my mission, you were amazing. In 18 months you went from being a teenager to all grown up.
9. One of the best Thanksgiving dinners ever was the one we made together at your Cedar City apartment.
10. Seeing what an amazing mom you've become is a huge inspiration to me and your children are such a great reflection of you, your personality and your talents.


Happy Birthday Little Sister!

Love,
Carol-Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment