Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fwd: SHHHHH...Bethany's 30th B.day Surprise!!!!!

Bethany Congratulations on reaching this milestone in life.  30 really isn't so bad, and I think we are a young as we feel.  (Somedays I feel really old, but most the time I still feel like I am eighteen and graduation from Timpview is right around the corner.)  Bethany you have always been a special part of my life, I have many wonderful memories of us together.  When we were little girls I remember spending what seems like hours dressing up our Barbie dolls and setting up their mansion (which was a plastic slide in the playroom).  We would just get everything perfectly arranged and would start to play and of course it would be time for you to go home.  We would be so disappointed that we weren't able to hook Barbie and Ken up on some elaborate date, but looking back the setting up and getting everything ready was really fun.  Another great adventure was our two week back east trip.  It was fun to explore and see so many historic sites with you.  You really seemed to be much more interested in finding cute guys than learning about the Liberty Bell, but that's what I love about you, you know how to have a fun time.  It is ironic that you ended up living smack dab in the middle of all that history in Connecticut.  I have to smile when I think about the spring break in Moab and Canyonlands with your mom and Larry.  I remember Larry felt that it was high time we learned how to drive (how old were we 13?) and to him there was no better place to learn than the winedy roads of the canyon.  I nearly drove off the side of the mountain 2 or 3 times but somehow we made out alive.  Of course there are the many Lake Powell trips, I especially love the time all of the adults (except for Kristine who was useless) left to pick up Mike and Wendy and a huge storm came blowing in.  It was up to us to secure everything and pray that the whole house boat didn't blow away.  We even used a flashlight to signal to the motor boat, and they saw the light but didn't come to it, because they didn't think we were smart enough to do that.  That night was quite an adventure, but my favorite part of that trip was when you, Brooke and I jumped on a waverunner and tackled the huge waves.  We had so much fun, catching the biggest air possible and we did great until it was time to turn around and come back.  The large waves kept capsizing the waverunner making it impossible to get all three of us back on.  We probably would have been stuck out in the middle of the lake for a long time if that boat hadn't come along and towed us back to our boat.  We weren't the smartest, but we did have a great time! Another funny memory I have of you was when I came to visit you in St. George.  President Hinckley came to dedicate a pioneer monument and we weasled our way in to the front row.  You were so excited to see the prophet that when he took his seat on the podium, you were taking a million pictures.  President Hinckley noticed you and leaned forward, looked right at you and said "BOO"  you were so surprised that you jumped and fell off your chair.  We all started laughing including President Hinckley.  Bethany I could go on and on with wonderful memories I have of you.  Though the setting changes and we keep getting older, there is one thing that remains the same, and that is you are a wonderful friend and cousin, someone who I love very much and enjoy being with.  You have a good heart and a great sense of humor.  Things don't always go as planned but you are able to laugh and start again.  I really admire you and count you among my great blessings.  Happy Birthday!  Love Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment